Pet Foster Application
Why Volunteer for OOTW?
It helps build organizational strength. That strength comes not only from growing and retaining volunteers and enhancing programs, but also in the sense of ownership that volunteers gain when they become visible advocates for the OOTW organization.
You, the volunteers, have credibility that paid staff never have. You can promote OOTW because you believe in it. Volunteering is a personal choice, not your job.
Using volunteers extends the resources of OOTW organization. Volunteers provide extra hands that enable OOTW to make a difference in the lives of wonderful pets that might not otherwise live.
Because we do not have a faculty most of our volunteer opportunities are specific in nature.
Please check out our volunteer needs below to see if you can help (Descriptions maybe updated as needed).
Check back often as our list may have changed.
- Fostering a Rescue Animal: Fosters provide a clean, safe, loving environment for rescue animal(s) in their homes until adoptive home is found. All supplies will be provided by OOTW Rescue. Your personal pets must be up to date on vaccines.
- Temporary Pet Sitting Rescue Animals: Short term fostering when fosters/independent rescuers are out of town.
- Case Managing: Responsible for managing and supervising rescue cases and ensuring that fosters/independent rescuers understand and follow the OOTW guidelines. CM's are responsible for scheduling vetting appointments, listing the animal online, and following all adoption procedures.
- Photographing Rescue Animals for Webpage: Must use your personal camera and be able to upload images to a computer.
- Animal Socialization: Responsibly taking a rescue animal to play, exercise, and/or socialize with humans and/or animals.
- Taking & Handling Rescue Pets at Animal Showings: Picking up a current rescue animal in the OOTW organization and taking it to a animal showing for exposure.
- Taking Rescue Pets to Vet Appointments: Picking up a current animal in the OOTW organization and taking to a vetting appointment. We will work with your schedule. Typical drop offs are 7:30-8:30 a.m. and pickups are 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Marketing: Join a marketing committee to brainstorm and execute ideas to connect with the community and get our name out in a positive light!
- Fundraising: Join a fundraising committee to brainstorm and carryout ideas to financially benefit OOTW.
- Event Planning: Woof, Wag, and Wine Committee
- Setting Up Animal Showings with Local Businesses: Responsibilities include booking the venue, advertising, setting up the event, and to direct, coordinate and supervise the showing.
- Adoption Follow-Ups: Courtesy calling to follow up once an animal has gone on trial with a new family, as well as, follow up with adoptive families to see how their OOTW family member is doing.
- Grant Writer: This committee is responsible for completing grant applications for funding.
- Data Entry/Administrative Tasks: This committee is responsible for clerical entry and must be computer savy.
- Financial Partner: OOTW relies on its supporters to ensure that our life-saving work will continue. Your tax-deductible donation will help OOTW continue to rescue, nurture and adopt rescue animals into loving homes.
- Event Sponsor: Financially partnering with OOTW Rescue for a public event. This includes positive publicity of your organization on our website, social media, and possibly t-shirts.
- Animal Grooming (Experienced)
- Vaccine Administration (Experienced)
- Carpentry: OOTW loves volunteers for fence building, etc. (Experienced)
- Training Animals: Ranging from basic commands to Animal Behaviorist (Experienced)
Have special skills or qualifications that we didn’t know we needed? Skills and qualifications can be acquired through employment, previous volunteer work, or other activities such as hobbies or sports, so fill put a an application anyway, and let us know what you can do for us.
Code of Ethics
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering!
Out of the Woods is completely run by volunteers so they make a huge contribution to the success of OOTW and we welcome your help. Volunteering time and talent to help OOTW can be a very rewarding experience. We have an ongoing need for reliable long term volunteers and hope you will make the commitment to working with our organization.
Pictured: Kathy Woods - Founder of Out of the Woods Animal Rescue